|Dental||July 28, 2020|
Brown stains on teeth (tooth discoloration) is an aesthetic problem that is linked to a variety of causes.
These unsightly brown stains on teeth are often a source of embarrassment and can damage not only your teeth, but your self esteem as well
The absolute number one facial feature is your SMILE!
While poor dental care or eating certain foods can affect the appearance of teeth, what could be truly causing these brown stains on teeth may be lurking in your tap water, TOOTHPASTE, and mouthwash.
So wait… products that are meant to HELP your teeth could actually be harming them?
What is Dental Fluorosis?
Fluorosis is a dental term that describes the developmental disturbance in regards to the enamel. It is not a disease, but rather a cosmetic condition. Overexposure to fluoride causes fluorosis, especially during the years when the teeth are developing, typically up to age 8.
The effects of fluoride on tooth enamel include lower mineral content and an increase in porosity. Typically, the dentist measures the damage by examining the surfaces of the teeth when clean, dry and under good lighting.
If the dentist suspects dental fluorosis, they can further examine your teeth and gums. X-rays are beneficial to make sure the teeth do not have any other defects, like cavities.
Dental fluorosis causes varying degrees of both aesthetic and physical damage to your teeth.
What causes brown stains on teeth of children?
The visual effects of fluorosis dictates the severity and varying degrees of damage:
- Healthy, Normal Teeth: appear to have a smooth, glossy surface, that’s typically a pale white color.
- Moderate Fluorosis: Moderate cases will affect all enamel surfaces of the teeth. The surfaces will show wear as brown staining as the main feature. Teeth can also begin to erode and even crumble.
- Severe Fluorosis: In severe cases of dental fluorosis, the enamel can become discolored. Brown stains on teeth will develop over time, which is due to diffusion of exogenous icons, such as iron and copper, into the abnormally porous enamel. These brown stains on teeth are widespread, making the teeth look corroded. All enamel surfaces are now affected. The general form of the tooth may also be affected.
Dental fluorosis causes something that is called intrinsic discoloration. What this means is that the inner structure of your tooth, the dentin, darkens or gets a yellow tint. These intrinsic brown stains on teeth are much deeper and are permanent. It is usually not possible to neutralize or lighten this type of discoloration.
Unfortunately, intrinsic discoloration caused by dental fluorosis can greatly affect one’s confidence… but fortunately there is a way to instantly transform your smile!
Next, let’s take a closer look at choosing the BEST option to get rid of those pesky stains.
How do you get brown stains off your teeth?
We have some good news and bad news.
The bad news is that brown stains caused by dental fluorosis are, like we previously mentioned, permanent. This means that no amount of teeth whitening will truly change the color of your teeth.
Can a dentist get rid of brown teeth stains?
Other methods of removing stains, such as contouring or traditional veneers, can potentially enhance the appearance of your teeth. However, these techniques pose several concerns that you must consider:
- Puts you at risk for tooth breakage
- Can cause teeth to become weak
- Only slightly improves appearance
- Causes sensitivity if too much enamel is removed
- Permanently alters the tooth structure
- Process is NOT reversible
- Not repairable if they chip or crack
- Teeth sensitivity to hot and cold
- May not match exact color of other teeth
- Upwards of $20,000 + for a complete smile makeover
As you can see… the risks and price of these procedures aren’t worth it!
But don’t fret just yet because there is a simple and affordable solution to instantly transform your teeth and your smile.
0% Interest - 100% Approval*
The Best Way to Replace Brown Stains with a Brighter & Whiter Smile
You can unlock your smile’s potential with Lab Direct custom removable veneers from Brighter Image Lab!
Check out these incredible reasons why removable veneers are a great choice to replace brown stains on teeth and make your smile sparkle:
- Enhances esthetics
- Whitens & brightens teeth
- Lengthens small teeth
- Reshapes smile
- Highlights your smile
- Increases confidence
- Fills unsightly gaps
- Covers stains
- Alters the look of teeth
Furthermore, you can easily take the first step in creating your custom veneers from the comfort of your couch because there is no need to visit a dentist. All of the materials you need to get started are delivered directly to your house.
No matter what type of result you are looking for, your dental dreams can come true with Brighter Image Lab.
You really can bring your smile to its ultimate level… without paying $20,000+ for a cosmetic smile makeover.
Let us introduce you to the life changing magic of removable dental veneers.
Join us as we welcome you to the future of smile design.
Come see how we can improve your smile in a way that you never thought imaginable. You truly owe it to yourself to look at BilVeneers from BrighterImageLab.com.